Once long ago, I used to buy premade trail mix *gasp*! Okay, truth be told it was only a few weeks back. I was sitting at my desk at work, chowing down on yet another bag of trail mix – which to be fair is a lot healthier than other things I might want to eat – and I realized how much money I was wasting! My awesome coworker pulled out a big bag of nuts and it hit me…why not just make my own trail mix? There are only positives.
- It’s cost effective! Trail mixers (as I like to call them) make a fortune by simply mixing together the perfect combination of nuts, chocolate and fruit. I don’t think you need a special degree to do this – so no more fooling me by marking up the price on things I can buy myself!
- I can put what I like. Sometimes I am not really feeling the dried cranberries…sometimes brazil nuts aren’t what I want in my mix. With a homemade trail mix, I can make it Sam’s way…which of course, is the best way.
- New, fun containers! I especially loved this part. Instead of grabbing a bag of trail mix, why not make my day fun and happy by eating my mix out of a customized container. As you’ll see below, mine says “Happy Trails”…get it?
I think the best part about it is it’s so simple. If you can buy trail mix, you can just as easily make your own. I won’t ever be buying trail mix again. Now I will provide you with 3 of my favorite mixes + a fun printable to make your own Homemade Trail Mix! This is DIY Trail Mix, so good…you’ll never buy it premade again!
(P.S. The directions are the same for all of them. Obtain ingredients, mix in bowl + store in your favorite container)
Deliciously Simple Mix
- Dried Bananas
- Dried Mangos
Energy Boosting Mix
- Dried cranberries
Look – I even had enough for more! I repurposed the nut containers and threw in my tasty mixes.
Love this? Pin it!
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Welcome Home Wednesday Link Party No. 23 - January 20, 2016
- Visually Track Your Financial Goals with Microsoft Excel - January 19, 2016
- How-To: Organize Goals (Tips + Printable) - January 5, 2016